Monday, November 23, 2015

11: Escape Route (Trapdoor)


Spencer Owens had almost finished loading the money when the alarms started sounding.

Won't be long now,” he said to nobody in particular. He knelt down, put his hand to the floor, closed his eyes...and remembered.


Mister Owens, keep your eyes on your work instead of the window.”

If I can't get a full day of work out of you, then why the hell don't I fire you?”

I know it's hard, honey, but I need you to try and get along with them.”

Would you put that book down and listen to me?!”

Owens! Where's the report on the Perkins account? I needed that two days ago!”

To the dance? With you? Oh, you're so funny.”

As you can see by the graph, quarterly earnings are up this year by 0.7%. That's good, but not quite...”

I can't believe she said that! Can you imagine? Anyway, then we went to the High Wire for drinks and the next thing you know...”

AIR-BALL, AIR-BALL, AIR-BALL, AIR-BALL...”

You know the problem with these kids today? They don't appreciate anything, they're lazy, they're entitled...”

Can anyone name the third stage of mitosis...Spencer? How about you?”



Spencer opened his eyes, and saw the field of blue energy that now took up a large portion of the floor. “Time to go,” he said, and jumped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment