Wednesday, November 5, 2014

05: Like-Minded People (The Crowd)

For a party that was seventeen guys and no girls, it was going pretty well.

Six of them were hanging out in the kitchen, next to the well-stocked fridge. They were talking about important current events, and washing down the conversation with Bud Light.

"If I had to?"

"If you had to, dude."

"I guess...Clooney."

The others laughed. "GAAAAAYYYY!" one of them shouted.

"You said if I *had* to! And don't tell me you wouldn't at least think about it!"

"..."

Over on the couch, four of them were playing video games, while another group of four waited their turn.

"BOOM! Suck it, Donkey Kong!"

"Dude, I have got to learn how to block someday."

"Ah, it's more fun like this. Makes the game go faster."

"This is no fair. I'd be schooling all of you if someone" --he jabbed an elbow to his left for emphasis-- "hadn't picked my guy. And if it wasn't for our stupid house rule where we always have to take different guys."

"What's that? I can't hear your whiny-ass complaining over the sound of my FALCON PUNCH!"

"Ahh! You dick!"

Meanwhile, over at the stereo, the remaining three were trying to pick the music.

"What next? Dave Matthews?"

"Dude, I will throw you right out the window."

"Yeah, I was kidding. Put on that Acid Magnet demo; that shit is legit."

"YES! Great call, dude. Remember that show we caught at the Pyramid last month? They fuckin' KILLED it!" He tried to replicate the lead singer's signature scream, and fell well short.

"Dude, you're flat."

"Dude, your mom's flat."

"OHH!" Two of them shared a high five, while the third frowned.

"OK, I don't even have time to go into all the ways that you're dumb."


At this time, the door opened, and an uninvited guest entered. He waited for a lull in the noise before he spoke.

"Excuse me," he said. "I'm looking for Troy Griffith."

Seventeen heads turned. "Yeah, what?" they asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment