Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 8: Clever Subtitle

Word Count: 1629.

I've skipped ahead a bit in the story; now working on what is basically Act 3 of the first "issue." Was able to make some decent progress. Back when I did more internet writing stuff, I used this "connect the dots" style of writing a lot--figure out the important beats I wanted to hit, write those, and then filled in the blanks until I liked the flow of it. (You might call this a case of doing the easy bits now, and the hard bits later...and you wouldn't be wrong. This is one of several reasons why I gained a reputation as a notorious deadliner.)

I'm still hesitant to post pieces of the project, simply because there isn't very much of it. If I put up segments every day, you'd have it all pretty much read by now. (Right now it's just over four pages in my preferred format--12pt TNR font; single-spaced.) That said, I might pick an interested few to give Act 1 a look, since that's finished.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see what you've got, but as long as you're writing and enjoying doing it, it doesn't matter for a second man. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete