Wednesday, November 13, 2013

09: The Long War

Across the battlefield, I can see the face of my enemy. I have chased him across countless galaxies, in the name of justice. For too long has he written his sins across the stars--the massacre of the Korrula Settlement, the enslavement of the noble Kth'Danak people...the War of the Blood Moon. My energy reception and conversion unit still turns at the thought of it.

After countless years, I have finally caught up to him. Now, only this small section of desert separates us. Unfortunately, I cannot advance--greater forces than the ones that drive me, now hold me in place. The only solace is that he is affected by these same forces.

We stare at each other, across the sand. Even now, in the face of his inevitable defeat, he shows me nothing but scorn. I am tempted to return it, but I must keep my thoughts clear. Though he does not deserve it, he will receive justice.

Just as soon as Timmy finishes his homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment