Wednesday, November 27, 2013

24: Hunted

I have been running for hours. My lungs burn, my legs ache. But I can't stop, and I don't dare look back.

I am the prey. It is the predator.

I can hear every footstep, every breath. I dart through the trees, trying to use the surroundings to my advantage. It keeps gaining.

Suddenly, my foot catches on a tree root, and I fall to the ground. I manage to roll over just in time to see It looking down on me in triumph. I am powerless to resist as It places a hand on my chest.

A strange sensation washes over me. The world changes--or rather, the way I see the world. My senses become sharper. My vision, clearer. Fatigue and fear drain away, replaced by insatiable desire.

I look back up, only to find that It has gone, replaced by a young girl in a pink coat. Within her, there is no more trace of this power. This curse.

Once realization sets in, she starts to run. As I regain my footing, I feel compelled to go after her. I start running, as free will is overwhelmed by instinct. This is what I do...what I am.

I must hunt. I must chase. I must capture.

For I am...It.

No comments:

Post a Comment