Thursday, November 21, 2013

17: Make a Wish

I peered through the scope of the sniper rifle, taking careful aim at my target. I had him dead to rights, but didn't fire--I was under strict orders to wait for the signal.

Had to admit, this was one of the weirdest jobs I'd ever taken. But I figured, what the hell. The money was good, and I don't get paid extra to ask questions.

Through my sights, I could see through the dining room window. There was a little girl seated at a table, with her family and friends all gathered around. Her mom came in from the kitchen, carrying a big chocolate cake with seven lit candles.

Down below, the little girl--Amelia, her name was--took a deep breath, and blew out the candles. As soon as the last flame went out, I pulled the trigger. A second later, her uncle Frank's head exploded.

Everyone in the room started screaming. All except little Amelia.

Happy birthday, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment