Thursday, November 28, 2013

26: Not the First Time We've Had This Conversation

My girlfriend and I were on the couch. I was idly flipping through channels, while she laid down with her head resting against my leg. "We should do something," I said. "Is there anything going on this weekend?"

"Well..." she started. "There's the Beatles tribute band playing at the Groove tonight...but they only do the stuff from the Eighties."

"What stuff--"

"Or there's the new Muppet movie. Some people say that Jim Henson doesn't have it anymore, but I thought the one from three years ago was great. Oh! Or we could go over to Mallory's; she was telling me that her girlfriend just bought the new season of Firefly."

I finally had to stop her. "I have no idea what you're talking about. None of those things can possibly be real."

She looked up at me. "I keep forgetting that you're from the evil alternate universe."

No comments:

Post a Comment