Wednesday, November 20, 2013

16: Timmy's Imaginary Friends

Mrs. Hollis looked down at the eight year old boy who had just entered her office. "I wish I could say I was surprised to see you in here again, Timmy. Disappointed, but not surprised."

"Sorry," Timmy mumbled.

"I'm afraid 'sorry' isn't good enough this time. This is the fourth incident in the last two weeks, and by far the most serious. Brad Weatherton may have to go to the hospital because of what you did."

"I didn't do it, ma'am. My friends--"

"Ah yes, these 'friends' of yours," she interrupted, rolling her eyes. "The same ones that sent Hunter Clark to the nurse's office on Wednesday. And Jaiden Moore two days before that. And the Sletten brothers, last week."

"They're very protective, ma'am."

Mrs. Hollis sneered. "This is beyond ridiculous. You're looking at another suspension, Timothy, and your parents can expect a long conversation about the possibility of expulsion. I have had quite enough of you blaming your imaginary friends for your fights."

For the first time, Timmy showed a slight amount of indignation. "They're not imaginary, ma'am."

The principal stood up and leaned over her desk. "Then why can't anyone see them?" It was at that moment that she felt the point of a sword in her back.

Timmy's answer was very matter-of-fact. "Because they're ninjas."

No comments:

Post a Comment